Three weeks have passed..
Saturday, July 11, 2009

Today I have a BBQ at 3pm so I’m trying to update before I go b/c I know I’ll be too lazy to do it after wards. Plus, I don’t even know what time I’ll be home!

I’ve been pretty busy the past 3 weeks~ Gosh, can’t believe my last post what that long ago.. I seriously need to stop procrastinating when it comes to blogging. It’s like I have so much to say but I put it off & then it complies into a ginormous post!! [WARNING]

Santa Cruz

For our anniversary we ended up going to Santa Cruz for the day (Saturday, June 27th). We went to the Seymour Marine Discovery Center, the Boardwalk & Wharf. My sister was at the Boardwalk with the baby for her Company Picnic coincidentally so we got to spend time with them on the beach. I was taking pictures of my nephew by the water and he ended up falling asleep sitting up, haha~

We spent the day at the boardwalk then went to eat at Gilbert’s Seafood Grill on the wharf. I have never been there but Manuel has and it was surprisingly good!! :blush: It’s about 98% seafood so I got the Fettuccine Alfredo and LOVED it~ Next time we go I want to eat there again..

4th of July
Nothing exciting happened on the 4th for me. Not a single soul (in my family) was doing anything, sigh~ No BBQ, no nothing! I went to Wal-mart to get some 400iso film for my fisheye to take some firework shots & come to find out there were none. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I had forgotten that they do the 4th of July ones in Central Park so the Amusement Park near us doesn’t do them anymore.

Ice Age 3 & Transformers 2
I went to see both movies! I loved ’em both, too~ Ice Age 3 was really funny & Transformers 2 was bad ass. I just have THREE TIPS for when they start making the 3rd Transformer movie.. 1) Less sexual connotations 2) Less of Sam’s parents & 3) LESS MEGAN FOX!! Geeze, I was starting to get sick of those face close ups.. her lips are just annoying to me, haha~ So obviously plumped up & unrealistic.

Lomography

I’ve really gotten back into photography (or lomography) with my fisheye 2. So for my birthday at the end of the month I asked Manuel to get me the Holga 135BC & Golden Half. I kinda threw in the Colorsplash Flash but he doesn’t know, hehe~ I’m still waiting for both cameras to arrive. I got the Colorsplash two days ago & haven’t really experimented yet. I have an awesome place to use all my goodies at.. a salt marshland near my house.

Flickr
I’ve been slowly re-sizing & uploading my rolls of fisheye photos to my flickr. Here is the most recent upload (a lot more to follow):

Tags: , ,

very nice photos~ i havent taken pictures with any of my film cameras for a very long time!!

i havent seen any of those movies haha~ transformers i never got into… i saw Public Enemies which i liked very much and im seeing Harry Potter opening night!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

2. Tiff says:

Haha first scene in Transformers with Megan Fox on the bike… I was like ‘who cleans a bike with their ass sticking up like that?!’

Thanks for checking my blog after my giant absence by the way! It means a lot to me, thanks a lot.

OMG.. I totally thought the same thing! No one sits on a bike like that to do ANYTHING!! Sheesh

I take long breaks, too… so thanks for coming back to mine, hehe~ ^_________^

3. Caity says:

Wow that looks absolutely beautiful! It sounds like you had an amazing time!! You’re making me want seafood alfredo too. ๐Ÿ˜›

4. Shiri says:

Seafood is the best. Seriously, it is one of the reasons for me to wake up in the morning. Ok, I’m being a bit dramatic here. But I can’t wait until the crab season here in Finland! In August. Yum.

5. lindsey says:

i love the photos you took! i wish i could take pictures like that haha. your camera is awesome btw.

I LOOOOOVE BBQS SO MUCH. ๐Ÿ˜€ they are so fun.

6. Nikki says:

I’m so jealous of your pictures~ They’re always so pretty. What exactly is your camera called? I wanna buy one in the future. Gotta get my xmas list ready for my boy ๐Ÿ˜† Plus I wanna spoil myself if I ever manage to get a job.

BTW you’ve been tagged. ;]

7. jayjayne says:

Woo! Looks like you’ve had an exciting couple of weeks (days?) And congratulations on receiving your camera goodies! I’m so sad my scanner is still broken and is non-functional. Epic disappointment!! And I just got my photos developed too – Oh well! Shame!

Let me know how the coloursplash pics turn out – I really want to try it too! ๐Ÿ˜€

8. Mihoriel says:

Looks like you had awesome days ๐Ÿ™‚ My family was the same way on the 4th ( :blank: ) but it was still fun because I managed to see bits & pieces of fireworks. I also 100% agree with you on Transformers. Unlike you, I do like Megan Fox however there was definitely one too many close ups. Still, robots will always beat her!!!

9. Gwen says:

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :cheery: I hope you have a wonderful day, hun!

Those are very pretty pictures. I think you have an eye for photography! I don’t even have a clue what the difference is between all those cameras. :S

10. algelic says:

Hi! Sorry it’s been so long since I last visited!
    Those pictures look so pretty! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m glad you had a good time!

11. terin says:

Transformers 2 was good..still haven’t seen Ice Age 3 yet though. I really wanted to see it before it left the theaters.

Santa Cruz sounds like it was nice! I think I would love the Seafood Grill…I love seafood!

Well…I’m very late, but happy anniversary!

Ahh! I’ve been eying the Holga 135 BC for over a year now. I can’t decide whether or not to go with the BC. You should do a review of it once you get to play with it. =]

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JENN! ๐Ÿ˜€

sorry i haven’t been writing to you. things have been extremely busy on my end recently.. actually ever since i started this year D:

14. Sean says:

Is that a film camera? I thought those were being taken out of production? Happy belated birthday and anniversary.