Online Shopping
Sunday, April 6, 2014

I finally did it! I ordered my Olympus Pen yesterday! My dad knew I’ve wanted one for a very long time & when I told him they lowered the price (by $300 & added an extra lens) he told me to order it. He’s the BEST! It should be here by the weekend which is perfect timing for Spring Break. I will definitely be using it for our mini day trips that I have planned.

I have been ordering A LOT this past week! All the things I’ve been wanting to buy that I’ve just been holding off on I ordered this week. I will be getting lots of packages in the mail that’s for sure! I’m excited to blog about all of my new purchases, too.

Kaylie had Friday off so we went to the movies & had dinner with her cousin and her mom. We saw Muppets Most Wanted. Now I will be honest and say that I really did not want to watch it. I was really surprised that it wasn’t as bad as I was dreading it would be. I was entertained throughout most of it especially since they had a slew of guest appearances. It was, however, a bit on the long side. I think it could have been 1-1/2hrs instead of close to 2. Afterwards we ate at Tomatina, an Italian restaurant. The girls had fun & it was nice to get out.

For the rest of the weekend on Saturday Kaylie had a softball game then I met my dad, brother, sis & uncle at Ikea. We ate and walked around. Today Lorina, Maddie & I checked out the new Walmart Neighborhood Market that just opened up this week. Then Kaylie, Maddie & I met my dad, brother & sis at Mitsuwa and Kinokuniya. Had dinner at Happi House then went to visit my mom at the Rehabilitation Center she’s at.

A few things I picked up from Mitsuwa + Kinokuniya:

Sweet Magazine

Sweet Magazine

• Feat. Rinka
  • FREE Kate Spade Saturday Tote

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Christa says:

I’ve been wanting to order an Olympus Pen as well, you’ll have to let me know how you like it! I’m just not sure about changing to a different camera brand – I love my Panasonic cameras.

I’m honestly surprised I haven’t been doing more online shopping. Which makes my bank account happy. haha.

I know when Muppets Most Wanted comes out on DVD my niece will want me to buy it and watch it with her…I was just never a fan of The Muppets though. And nearly two hours?! That seems super long for a movie that’s marketed toward kids – little kids don’t know how to sit still that long.

I definitely will! I’m excited to start using it. I have a bunch of different brand cameras so changing to another isn’t a big deal, lol.

I took my 10yr old and she enjoyed it. My little one is too little for the movies and doesn’t like loud noises so I don’t think she’d do too well.

2. Tiff says:

I just googled what an Olympus Pen is fearing it would be one of the fake dslrs that are so popular these days & … it is. $300 off is pretty nice, but you can get a fantastic entry level DSLR with the money the Olympus pen was originally selling for. It is a good camera for beginners though, but I (my opinion, doesn’t mean I’m right at all) feel like it’s such a waste of money. But if it’s I don’t know, $300 with an extra lens, that’s pretty nice. Don’t think you can really beat that deal. You gotta start somewhere. It’s also nice that the lenses are interchangeable. That’s something that wasn’t possible with the other fake dslrs. A friend of mine had a Nikon that’s similar to the Olympus pen. Very cute & the pictures turn out pretty decent. I keep forgetting Olympus is still around. Their dslrs weren’t very good compared to the others they were competing against so it looks like they’re trying to take the market with their pen.

I heard good things about the first muppets movie, so I’m surprised you were dreading it. The kids movies they make these days are really perfect for everyone, especially because they try to make them so funny.

Haha how funny, I just came back from a trip to Mitsuwa myself. Love that supermarket.

I already have two Nikon DSLRs and to me they are just too bulky to carry around for everyday use that’s why I wanted an Olympus Pen. I like to take pictures of my kids (or anything in general) while I’m out. I tend not to use my Nikon for that reason. So, I figure with the Pen I will use it a lot more instead of always using my point and shoot camera.

I never saw the first Muppet movie or heard any of the reviews. I’m just not a Muppet person, lol. But I did enjoy it.

Yes, I love Mitsuwa although ours is a bit under construction at the moment.

3. Christine says:

Wow! Look at all of those awesome things you’ve gotten. I especially like the face mask package. It looks so pretty and fun. Have you tried it yet?

4. Jennifer says:

I love seeing people blog about their online purchases 🙂