Fitbit Flex
Saturday, May 17, 2014

Fitbit Flex

I recently got a Fitbit Flex. I LOVE IT! I don’t think I would ever not wear it. I’m glad that you can change bands! I really like the sleep tracker the most. It tracks how many times you woke up, were restless and even how long it took you to fall asleep. It also measures how long and how well you’ve slept.

With the Fitbit Flex you can track your steps, distance, active minutes and calories burned. You can also log food, water, weight and workout activities on the Fitbit Dashboard or within the Fitbit App. The American Heart Association recommends 10,000 steps a day which is my current daily goal. I love how the Fitbit Flex allows you to set goals, view progress and track your trends with colorful graphs and charts.

Fitbit Dashboard

Fitbit Dashboard

A fun feature is if someone you know has a Fitbit you can add them to your Friends list. This allows you to see their achievements and lets you challenge and encourage them. Manuel’s aunt just got one so I added her yesterday. Now I can see her total steps, average steps and I can “taunt”, “cheer” or message her.

I do have to say the one thing I don’t really like is charging it. A full charge lasts 5-6 days but you have to take it off to charge which means you can’t track your steps or sleep. So, I will charge it when I’m in the shower, watching tv or on the computer. Basically when I know I won’t be taking a lot of steps. It is waterproof so you can wear it in the shower but I prefer not to.

Tory Burch for Fitbit coming soon!

Fitbit App

Fitbit App Fitbit App

App Store Download

Tags: ,

1. Jamie says:

You’re back! I honestly had no idea that you were back! You probably don’t remember me though.

I remember you! You lived in Chico and we were penpals. It’s been awhile.. I started blogging again a little over a month ago. Always tried coming back over the past 3yrs but it never happened until now.

• Jamie says:

Actually it’s Chino! But yeah I remember that! I know it’s been a long while! I’m glad to see your back! I no longer blog about my life (nothing really going on at the moment — so now I blog about books!). I’m glad to see you back to the blogging world! Missed ya!

2. AnneMarie says:

I’ve only heard of Fitbit but I have yet to try it. It looks like a well-made app.

10,000 steps is a lot! I used to keep one of those pedometers and my mom and I would have daily competitions to see who could make the most steps. It was definitely a great way to get active on a daily basis. 😀

3. Christa says:

I’ve always wanted something that would keep track of my sleeping – mostly because I want to see if I ever really do fall into a deep sleep. I’ve always had sleep issues and buying something like this is cheaper compared to how much a doctor would charge you to just hook you up to the same thing.

To my great surprise my boyfriend isn’t vegan or vegetarian, but he ate like it all week. Usually people make me something to eat and make themselves something completely different. He used GMO free soy crumbles in the stuffed mushrooms – with garlic and onion. I’m going to crack the recipe so I can share it.

4. Jennifer says:

WOW! This looks neat! Might have to look into this a bit more 🙂

5. Amanda says:

I’ve heard a lot about Fitbit and so far it looks great! I think the keeping track of sleep pattern is definitely a plus for me since I haven’t a clue how much sleep I actually do get. I’ll definitely give this a second look next time I feel like buying something! 🙂

6. Tess says:

Thanks for this post! Love it!! I think I have something I will be getting my hubby for Father’s Day this year. I never knew that this bracelet tracks sleep as well. That is quite unique.

7. Brittney says:

I need something like this; I doubt that I even take 5000 steps right now, much less 10000. Also, how can I resist when it comes in such fun colors (the hot pink is beautiful!).

Brittney

Another Beautiful Thing

Everyone’s been really loving their fitbit. The sleep tracker sounds amazing! And this definitely does seem like a great motivator to go out and walk more. Maybe I should considering saving up for this…