Google Tour
Friday, May 23, 2014

Google: Android Building

A nice thing about living in Silicon Valley is that all the major tech companies are here. Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to Google Headquarters aka Googleplex with Kaylie’s Girl Scout Troop.

I brought my Olympus PEN but wasn’t sure if I was allowed to take pictures inside the buildings so I didn’t. We went on a short tour; learned a little bit about Google; how they use renewable energy; what the Engineer giving us the tour does and the story behind the Android OS confectionery-themed code names. I was hoping we would go to the store but we didn’t.

Android Building Google Maps | View
Building 44 is the Google Android Building where they work on the Android Operating System. Outside the building they have statues of the current and previous operating systems.

Android Building

Cupcake Doughnut

Froyo Ice Cream Sandwich

Jelly Bean KitKat

Gingerbread & Eclair

Google Bikes
Google provides bicycles for their employees to use around campus. Google likes to promote a healthier, greener workplace.

Google Bikes

Dinosaur Stan Google Maps | View
Stan the T-rex is Google’s corporate mascot. The employees like to pull pranks and do different things to Stan. Currently they placed plastic flamingos on him.

Dinosaur Stan

Tags: , ,

1. Nancy says:

It’s so cool how you got to visit Google’s Headquarters! I like how their sculptures outsides represents their projects like the operating systems for android. I’m liking how Google is trying to innovate their products and everything. All of those sculptures looks so cute too! Especially with the details in their ice cream.

From what I remembered, the interior design of Google is so friendly and promotes that healthy environment. They have slides for people to go from the top floor to the bottom.

Hope you and the girls enjoyed your tour!

Ahh the Googleplex! I remember watching a video online of the Googleplex and all the perks they have there for their employees. I was super envious. I wouldn’t mind spending my workday there.

Haha, I totally didn’t know that they had a corporate mascot and that it was a dinosaur of all things.

3. Michelle says:

That makes me hungry for all sorts of sweets I can’t have! 🙁 Boo wisdom teeth surgery. Hahaha, but that’s awesome you live so close to Silicon Valley. I have a friend that went there for awhile and enjoyed his time.

One day, I hope to go there.

Hope you’ve been well~

4. Tess says:

Wow!! that’s so amazing that you got to visit Google!! I’ve always wondered how it would look like. The closest I’ve seen it was on The Internship.
    I heard it’s the best place to work, and a part of me is so envious I would like to visit there one day! You’re one step ahead of me.

5. Krystal says:

Wow I’m so jealous that you got to visit the Google office! I live in the UK so the chance of that happening is pretty much 0, unless I take a trip there and somehow arrange for a visit there.

6. Claudine says:

Oh wow, why didn’t I go there during my vacation?! I’m so jealous that you got to visit Google’s office! It looks so good and it’s so nice how they have all those Android decorations outside. I also didn’t know that they had a dinosaur mascot so that’s something new! It looks like the folks here have such a great company culture 😀

7. Chelsey says:

Wow Google seems like such an awesome place to work at! I hear of so many people who complain that they hate their jobs, but how could you possibly if you worked for Google? They’re so creative and unique! Their sculptures everywhere are just so cute and it’s remarkably thoughtful of them to provide bike to their employees. I’m glad you learned a lot about the company. Have your opinions on them changed since your visit? Did the Girl Scouts enjoy their visit too? (:

8. Ozden says:

This is so cool !! I’d love to be there and take some photos with those haha
    xx
    Style Of OzOz
    Style Of OzOz Facebook Page

9. Christine says:

OMG those bikes! I would love to have one of those. They’re so quirky and fun looking. What a cool trip for the girl scouts to go on. Next time I’m in CA I really want to try and take a tour of the Googleplex. Did you know their employees also have a rest time?

10. Tiff says:

Oh my god this is awesome!! But they’re going to run out of space soon if they keep making the Androids that big!